Saturday 26 August 2017


August 15th 2017 -  A RED LETTER DAY


I have been writing all kinds of stuff from my varied lifestyle over the past 17 years ,  but today is still rather special.  It began with my contributions to the old H & E magazine in about 2000 when I was contributing a readers agony aunt style letters column.  I was paid £80 for each column, my very first paid for work  and a selection of the more interesting letters  were turned into two  illustrated books. Nude Rude and in the Mood 300pp (2011) and Walk on the Wild Side 200pp (2014) are both still available on Amazon and Lulu as paperbacks.


Always a bit of a scribbler , essays were my most successful school work when I could be bothered – but unlike that of most of my contemporaries mine were always about real life events .  Later on elements of explicit sexuality;  part real, part fantasy crept  into the overall output, which rapidly grew in quantity if not quality.  


At the same time, I was writing a series of illustrated articles on naturist sites both large and small covering our travels to unusual very scenic places in France , Spain and Croatia.   Many of these stories  were also published in H & E magazine for which we received a reasonable payment although sometimes having to wait several months for it.    The remainder of these features are about to be published as The Collected Diaries and Journal Extracts of Barbara Matthews (aka Belinda Mosse) and Mike McGregor (aka Mark Golding).

Barbara’s Diary of a Nudist – part 1 ( true events )  has had good sales on Amazon. Part 2 will be included in the new combined work – The collected Diaries and Journal Extracts of Mike McGregor and Barbara Matthews (Illustrated)as above . 

New work is also  currently in hand to make a Blurb Picture Book “ The Best of Barbara “ a selection of glamour and fashion shots spanning a period from about 1995 – 2010. 

My memoirs “Everything in Moderation” by Michael McGregor - Part One A  Matter of Survival  (200pp)   is much more than it appears from the title.  Subtitled The Life and Times of a Cockney Kid and appearing to only cover the first twenty years of my life it takes the reader back and forwards from pre-1940  right up into the  early 1990’s and includes some very interesting periods of my life. 

My very latest offering –The Good The Bad and the Absolutely Awful  (200pp) and actually part 2 of my memoirs - only just appearing on Amazon and Lulu in paperback and kindle format, also includes a nicely produced colour cover and a number of relevant illustrations.



Sex on the Beach is a 92 page illustrated book I wrote which was  published in 2013  and is also available on Amazon. It’s primarily about sex which is probably mentioned in some detail on almost every page so there is no need for the reader to search avidly to find it.  Based on true life events it’s very explicit and makes no excuses for its main purpose – to seduce and excite the reader – and has been well received on Amazon.

I have to say that none of this could have happened without my incredibly talented and hard work editor and publisher Peter May , so far mostly with little real monetary reward but I hope to rectify this in the near future.

 I dedicate this latest book to him without any reservations.    

No comments:

Post a Comment