Sunday 27 January 2019

MY POLITICS - OR NOT ??


MY POLITICS  - OR NOT ???   A PIECE FOR MY BLOG

An easy one for me as I don’t actually have any interest in politics either national or local at all, unless any of it directly affects any major part of my life.  This is especially so now in the latter part of my life when nothing much except illness affects me anyway.

For the record I have in the past served on local committees mainly concerned with regeneration or planning matters where local or national politics have not been a major issue.

In any case most politics consists of a bunch of self centred wankers trying as hard as they can to push forward their own ideas of progress whilst pleasing as many of their supporters as they can without upsetting too many on the other side.  And quite possibly making  a few quid out of it for themselves.  

I have never in my life voted for any political party and never ever will as they mostly spew out nothing but useless shit in their effort to raise what they call “funds”.

Whenever anything has ever happened in my life that has or might have the result in making any kind of adverse effect on my lifestyle I have gone directly  to the rule-makers or even the law-makers and made so much of a nuisance of my self to make them seriously think of changing the rules, mostly with reasonable success.

There are of course exceptions to the rule in one of whom the exceptional Oona King come immediately to mind.   The genes of her ancestors – and more recently her uncle – Martin Luther King - is a fine example and it was no surprise for me when Oona was elevated to the House of Lords.  Perhaps to get her out of the way perhaps, but she is a powerful individual in her own right.  The genes of her venerable ancestors still runs through her veins and not a person to deliberately get on the wrong side of.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment